- Privacy, Content and Copyright Policies
Privacy, Content and Copyright Policies
The information we receive and collect differs depending upon what you do when you visit our website. We collect information when you:
- Make a donation
- Sign an online petition
- Apply for a job with Ipas
- Contact us with questions, comments or requests
- Sign up to receive updates and/or email newsletters from Ipas
Additionally, we and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device over time and across our digital presences using cookies or similar technologies. This information allows us and our service providers to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return, to improve our web and email services, and to provide you with content targeted to your interests.
Ipas may use your personal information:
- To provide you with information you requested
- To process any transactions you authorized
- To contact you about fundraising campaigns and/or advocacy efforts
- To process an employment application
- To personalize your interaction with Ipas such as customized web and email content based on your interests, information about events in your area and otherwise tailor content and communications for you
- For our internal purposes such as:
- Data analysis and audits to help us enhance and improve our online services, including usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and operating and expanding our work.
Your personal information may be disclosed in any event as required by law; including: applicable laws in or out of your country of residence, to comply with legal processes, and/or to respond to requests from legal or government authorities.
Ipas adheres to a strict opt-in policy regarding supporter information. We only place your information on a list at your request, and we will immediately take your information off of any list at your request.
To opt out of receiving email from Ipas:
- Use the links in the bottom of marketing emails Ipas sends to you to opt-out; or
- Contact us – please provide your name and the email address you used to subscribe.
Ipas engages the services of trust 3rd party services to provide additional functionality and services on our website; including but not limited to: Mailchimp, Authorize.net, ShareThis and Google Analytics. We do not partner or have special relationships with any ad server companies.
Ipas is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions to Ipas are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
Ipas will not trade, share or sell a donor's personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. All information concerning donors or prospective donors is kept strictly confidential by Ipas and its staff unless permission is obtained from the donor to release such information, or unless disclosure is required by due legal process.
After you make your online donation, Authorize.net then provides information about you and your donation to us. The only information we receive is your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, the amount of your donation, and any additional message you submitted along with the donation. We use this information to acknowledge your gift, and to keep records regarding our donors for administrative and tax purposes.
Ipas recognizes that the operation of the organization requires the maintenance and management of extensive donor and prospect records. Donor records often contain sensitive information that has been shared with or developed by Ipas staff on a confidential basis. "Records" means all files, including electronic data, containing information on donors or prospective donors to Ipas. The use of donor information is limited to internal purposes, by authorized individuals, to better service existing donors, potential donors or partner relationships. We make every effort to ensure the security of this information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We may publish lists of Ipas's donors in various donor publications, but not online. We may include the names of donors unless you indicate that you prefer to remain anonymous.
If you indicate that your company has a matching gift program and provide the required form, we will use that information to process the matching gift from your company, to update our donor list, to acknowledge the company, and to include the company's name on published lists of Ipas's donors (unless we are notified that the company would prefer to remain anonymous). We will not initiate any further contact with the company unless you or the company requests that we do so.
Financial and other information about Ipas's purpose, programs and activities can be obtained by contacting Ipas at P.O. Box 9990, Chapel Hill, NC 27515, phone number (800) 334-8446.
Ipas is a 501 c (3), headquartered in North Carolina. Ipas is registered or exempt, or has submitted registrations, for charitable solicitations in those states in which Ipas solicits contributions from the general public and which require such registration.
Financial information may be obtained directly from Ipas upon request.
- Florida: SC No.CH12851 a copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free, within the state, 1-800-HELP-FLA.
- Maryland: For the cost of postage and copying, documents and information filed under the Maryland charitable organizations laws can be obtained from the Secretary of State, Charitable Division, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Michigan: MICS No.25199.
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Ipas may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State's office by calling 1-888-236-6167.
- New Jersey: information filed with the attorney general concerning this charitable solicitation and the percentage of contributions received by the charity during the last reporting period that were dedicated to the charitable purpose may be obtained from the attorney general of the state of New Jersey by calling (973) 504-6215 and is available on the internet at http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm.
- New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-888-830-4989 (within North Carolina) or (919) 807-2214 (outside of North Carolina).
- Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Ipas may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
- Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
- Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483.
- West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305.
Contributions are deductible for federal income tax purposes in accordance with applicable law. Registration in a state does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation of Ipas by the state.
The photographs used herein are for illustrative purposes only; they do not imply any particular attitudes, behaviors, or actions on the part of any person who appears in the photographs.