- Privacy, Content and Copyright Policies
Privacy, Content and Copyright Policies
For European Union (EU) clients, this policy has been updated to reflect requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which went into effect on May 25, 2018.
Personal Information is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Ipas collects Personal Information through the channels detailed below.
You may voluntarily provide Personal Information to Ipas through Our Site, mailed donation or pledge cards, checks, wire transfers, email subscriptions, third-party sites (including external fundraising, social media sites, recruiting site, or donation matching software), marketing or direct communication with Ipas staff. The Personal Information you provide may include your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, banking or credit account information, and employer name. If you make a donation in honor or celebration of someone, you may voluntarily provide information to Ipas about that person including their name, mailing address, and/or email address for acknowledgements of such transaction.
Ipas servers and third-party software automatically collect data from visitors to Our Site that Ipas uses for statistical analyses of site traffic.
The website data we collect includes information about the pages you visit and actions you take on Our Site, including: page views, date and time of visits, publication downloads, link clicks, social shares, time spent on Our Site, referral websites, geolocation, and IP addresses for devices used to access Our Site. This information is aggregated and anonymized. The website data we collect helps us analyze audience trends and improve the experience for website visitors.
In some circumstances, we may obtain Personal Information about individuals from public records and from third parties. This information may include updated mailing addresses or charitable causes you have supported. This information helps Ipas use our resources responsibly and helps us provide the best experience for our supporters. We only receive publicly available information.
Ipas collects Personal Information to communicate about our programs and fundraising campaigns, improve your website experience, conduct business operations, and comply with legal obligations.
Ipas uses the Personal Information you provide when you agree to donate in order to process payments and complete your donation. We require contact information to verify payments and to contact you about your donation, including to issue a donation receipt.
Ipas uses Personal Information you have provided to communicate with you via mail, email, and phone about our programs, fundraising campaigns, and other news related to Ipas. If you decide you no longer want to receive any communications from us, or if you want to limit the kinds of communications sent to you, you can indicate your preferences by selecting the “unsubscribe” option in our emails or by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
Ipas uses Personal Information you have provided or we have obtained for legitimate interests including:
- To deliver donation notifications to you, or to another person when you make a gift in honor or celebration of that person.
- To communicate with you about your submission of an Ipas job application.
- To send you Ipas email newsletters or other information you have requested.
- To analyze and compile internal reports, including donation reports and website traffic reports, which help us understand and make decisions about our organization.
- To improve the experience of website visitors.
- To operate Our Site and complete essential business operations.
Ipas is the sole owner of information collected on Our Site.
Ipas also collects personal data from trusted third-party vendors and uses them to provide certain services, such as database hosting, recruitment, software maintenance, digital advertising, and donation processing, which are necessary for Ipas’s operations, including the operation of Our Site. For these purposes, Ipas may share your Personal Information with our vendors, who are contractually obligated to comply with all applicable data-protection laws and regulations.
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party. Ipas does not share Personal Information with any third party for commercial purposes, except where listed in this policy.
Ipas may use your Personal Information to meet legal requirements or obligations. We may disclose your Personal Information where it is necessary, including to enforce our legal rights, in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets in Our Site, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law or a regulatory authority requires us to do so.
If you are located outside of the United States, be aware that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using Our Site or providing your Personal Information to us, you consent to this transfer and to the collection, storage, processing, and use of your Personal Information in the United States. If you are located in the United States, our service providers may not be located in your geographic area in the United States. By providing Your Personal Information to Ipas, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to these service providers.
Ipas takes precautions to secure your Personal Information, including physical safeguards to control access to our facilities and providing for secure destruction of media or materials containing Personal Information. Ipas also uses technological safeguards such as firewalls, password protection, anti-virus software, encryption, and intrusion detection.
Ipas restricts access to non-public Personal Information. All electronic or computer files containing such information are secured and protected from access by unauthorized persons.
Our hosting service maintains its systems in accordance with reasonable industry standards to secure your information. However, no transmission over the Internet or method of storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, you provide us with your Personal Information at your own risk.
For data collected on citizens of the EU, the GDPR outlines your rights regarding Personal Information including the choices available to you regarding the collection, process, access and how to update, correct, or delete your personal data. Ipas complies with all applicable data-protection laws, including the GDPR. Ipas vendors who process Personal Information on behalf of Ipas are contractually obligated to comply with the GDPR and all other applicable laws and regulations. EU citizens have the following rights:
- Right to access: You may ask if Ipas stores your Personal Information and why. You can also request a copy of the Personal Information that Ipas has collected by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. To request a copy of this information from Ipas, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Right to correct: You can update or correct your Personal Information with Ipas at any time. For example, you may wish to update contact information from time to time. To request that Ipas update or correct your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to deletion: You have the right to ask for data to be erased, if possible and when required under data-protection laws. To request that Ipas remove your Personal Information from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask for processing of your Personal Information to be restricted, if possible and when required under data-protection laws. To request that Ipas restrict processing of your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to object: You may object to Ipas’s processing of your Personal Information by contacting us. Upon request, we will stop processing your Personal Information unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for processing this information under applicable laws.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right to file a complaint: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including how we handle your Personal Information, you can report it to the EU Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or other data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
Ipas takes every reasonable measure to prevent Personal Information breaches. When these do occur, we will take swift action within our responsibilities. These actions will be consistent with the role we have in relation to the products, services, or processes affected by the breach. In all cases, we will work together with affected parties to minimize effects, to make all notifications and disclosures that are required by applicable law or otherwise warranted, and to act to prevent future breaches.
Ipas is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All contributions to Ipas are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Ipas will not trade, share or sell a donor's personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations. All information concerning donors or prospective donors is kept strictly confidential by Ipas and its staff unless permission is obtained from the donor to release such information, or unless disclosure is required by due legal process.
After you make your online donation, Authorize.net then provides information about you and your donation to us. The only information we receive is your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, the amount of your donation, and any additional message you submitted along with the donation. We use this information to acknowledge your gift, and to keep records regarding our donors for administrative and tax purposes.
Ipas recognizes that the operation of the organization requires the maintenance and management of extensive donor and prospect records. Donor records often contain sensitive information that has been shared with or developed by Ipas staff on a confidential basis. "Records" means all files, including electronic data, containing information on donors or prospective donors to Ipas. The use of donor information is limited to internal purposes, by authorized individuals, to better service existing donors, potential donors or partner relationships. We make every effort to ensure the security of this information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We may publish lists of Ipas's donors in various donor publications, but not online. We may include the names of donors unless you indicate that you prefer to remain anonymous.
If you indicate that your company has a matching gift program and provide the required form, we will use that information to process the matching gift from your company, to update our donor list, to acknowledge the company, and to include the company's name on published lists of Ipas's donors (unless we are notified that the company would prefer to remain anonymous). We will not initiate any further contact with the company unless you or the company requests that we do so.
Financial and other information about Ipas's purpose, programs and activities can be obtained by contacting Ipas at P.O. Box 9990, Chapel Hill, NC 27515, phone number (800) 334-8446.
Ipas is a 501 c (3), headquartered in North Carolina. Ipas is registered or exempt, or has submitted registrations, for charitable solicitations in those states in which Ipas solicits contributions from the general public and which require such registration.
Financial information may be obtained directly from Ipas upon request.
- Florida: SC No.CH12851 a copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the division of consumer services by calling toll-free, within the state, 1-800-HELP-FLA.
- Maryland: For the cost of postage and copying, documents and information filed under the Maryland charitable organizations laws can be obtained from the Secretary of State, Charitable Division, State House, Annapolis, MD 21401.
- Michigan: MICS No.25199.
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Ipas may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State's office by calling 1-888-236-6167.
- New Jersey: information filed with the attorney general concerning this charitable solicitation and the percentage of contributions received by the charity during the last reporting period that were dedicated to the charitable purpose may be obtained from the attorney general of the state of New Jersey by calling (973) 504-6215 and is available on the internet at http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm.
- New York: Upon request, from the Attorney General Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at 1-888-830-4989 (within North Carolina) or (919) 807-2214 (outside of North Carolina).
- Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Ipas may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999.
- Virginia: From the State Office of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218.
- Washington: From the Secretary of State at 1-800-332-4483.
- West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305.
- Contributions are deductible for federal income tax purposes in accordance with applicable law. Registration in a state does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation of Ipas by the state.
To contact Ipas about our use of your Personal Information or if you have questions or comments about this policy, please email email@example.com.
The photographs used herein are for illustrative purposes only; they do not imply any particular attitudes, behaviors, or actions on the part of any person who appears in the photographs.